Construction – Summer 2022, we are excited to announce that Cadillac Family Physicians is expanding to offer improved Urgent Care at the back (south) side of our office. Please continue to use the front entrance and avoid the construction areas. Thank you for your understanding as we improve services for our patients.
Follow THIS LINK to learn more and sign up.
Most people recover from COVID-19 within 2 weeks but a smaller cohort of survivors experience prolonged health-related issues. These “Long-COVID” or Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 (PASC) patients experience a range of symptoms: fatigue, brain fog, shortness of breath, joint pain, depression, hair loss, chest pain and other reported symptoms.
These symptoms can range from mild to incapacitating and can be incredibly disruptive to a person’s life. This group is designed to support those patients who do not fully recover.
At the meetings, Munson Healthcare staff and other experts will share the latest information and provide practical guidance for addressing the most common symptoms.
Sessions are held the first Thursday of each month from 5 – 6:30 pm via Zoom. Participation is free. Registration is required. Participants must register for each meeting they wish to attend.
Munson Healthcare announces Virtual Advanced Care Planning Workshops.
Medical issues sometimes arise that create confusion and uncertainty for patients, their families, and medical staff. Everyone wants to do the right thing – but in some cases, it’s not always clear what the right decision is. A little planning now will save those dearest to your heart unneeded stress later. Attend an advance care planning workshop to get your advance care planning process started.
90 minute workshops are offered through August 2022 and Include:
- The advance care planning workbook with step by step instructions for your advance care planning needs.
- Information about understand the importance of talking with loved ones about healthcare decisions.
- Guidance for choosing someone you trust to speak for you if you become too sick to speak for yourself.
- A page by page walk through of an advance directive so you know how to put your wishes in writing.
Follow this LINK to register for a 90 minute Virtual Advance Care Planning Workshop.
Dear valued patients,
Today (Friday, 2/11/22) we have received reports of a scam caller posing as Cadillac Family Physicians. So that you are informed and aware, the caller will refer to a medical procedure, your insurance, or medicare. They may or may not use your name and they may refer to your Medical Provider. If you receive a call that seems suspicious please hang up immediately. DO NOT disclose personal information or provide any account information to the caller. Cadillac Family Physicians will not ask you for confidential information on an outgoing call. This SCAM has been reported to Michigan State Police. If you have questions about a procedure please contact our office. Our priority as your Patient-Centered Medical Home is patient confidentiality.
Your Medical Providers at Cadillac Family Physicians
It takes a quick minute and your tests are on the way. https://www.covidtests.gov/ We are in this together!
Shared from the Munson Healthcare Blog. Winter brings slippery conditions, follow these tips for success!
Safe Walking Tips
- Wear smart footwear. Avoid high heels and shoes with smooth soles. Flat shoes or boots with good traction are the way to go!
- Be careful when exiting your vehicle or a building. Your footwear is warm and will be very slippery when you step on the snow or ice. Use your vehicle for support when exiting your car.
- Be careful when entering a building. Remove as much snow from your shoes as possible. Remember that wet shoes plus a tile floor equals a slippery situation.
- Walk like a penguin. It may sound funny, but you don’t see these ice dwelling waddlers falling. Bend slightly and walk flat-footed. Keep your knees relaxed. Point your toes out and take small steps.
- Keep your hands free. If you have items to carry, use a backpack. Keep your hands out of your pockets and ready to help with your balance.
- Take your time. Give yourself a few extra minutes to get where you’re going. Rushing or running could be your downfall (literally).
- Be aware of your surroundings. Keep a lookout for black ice, snow-covered ice, uneven surfaces, and unsalted areas. Focus your attention on walking and put your phone away.
- Be prepared to fall. This may sound contradictory, but if it’s going to happen, here’s how to do it: Relax your muscles and fall on your side. Try to avoid landing on your hands, knees, or back.
Follow THIS LINK for a fun video.
COVID vaccine appointments are available at Cadillac Family Physicians on Thursday, January 6, 2022 and continue every Thursday for the near future. Call our scheduling line for appointments at 231-876-1122We offer Pfizer and Moderna vaccines #1, #2, and boosters. We also offer Pfizer pediatric vaccine for 5-11 years old, #1 or #2
Everyone 5 years and older is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine
We know that many of our patients have already received the COVID-19 vaccine. Recently, the FDA and CDC have made the COVID-19 vaccine and booster available to many more people. A Pediatric dose of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is now available for kids 5-11 years old.
With the Holiday season coming, protect your family and friends, especially those that are at high risk of serious illness.
Cadillac Family Physicians encourages you and your family and friends to get vaccinated. It’s fast, easy, and free.
Authorized or approved vaccines are safe and effective at helping prevent COVID-19 severe illness, hospitalization, and death.
Patients at Cadillac Family Physicians are able to schedule these COVID-19 vaccines:
Pfizer Pediatric vaccine for 5-11- year-olds
Pfizer 1st and 2nd doses for 12 years and older
Moderna 1st and 2nd doses for 18 years and older
Pfizer or Moderna Boosters for adults 18 years and older
Please call our schedulers at 231-876-1122 for appointments and information on times. An appointment is required for all COVID-19 vaccines. If you haven’t already, you can get your FLU shot at the same time!
Most of the pharmacies in our area (Walgreens, Rite Aid, Meijer, etc.) offer convenient COVID vaccine appointments too.