Cadillac Family Physicians provides job opportunities for qualified candidates as they become available. If you are interested in a job with our organization we encourage you to bookmark this page for future reference. We will also publish a link to opportunities on our social media pages.
Immediate Opening for: Certified Medical Assistant (CLICK HERE for a full job description)
CADILLAC FAMILY PHYSICIANS, P.C.
8950 PROFESSIONAL DRIVE, CADILLAC, MI 49601
JOB TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor to perform patient related duties which increase the effective operations of the Practice. Duties include assisting Providers or work CMA float schedule.
- Performs routine pre-examination procedures including taking vital signs and assessing and recording objective and subjective data concerning patient’s presenting condition, during the rooming process.
- Prepares and cleans the patient area; sets up equipment, cleans and facilitates room set up after procedure. Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients and co-workers.
- Performs Patient care measures including injections, administering and reading TB skin tests, minor dressing changes, Spirometry, and routine laboratory tests or treatments as directed by Providers.
- Performs substance abuse testing consistent with non-DOT and DOT guidelines along with Practice policies. Works with occupational clients to perform these tests as they have indicated. Communicate with occupational clients as appropriate.
- Follows the Standards of Care measures and standing orders per Cadillac Family Physicians guidelines in accordance with patient manager.
- Completes gaps in care/treatment opportunity reports with documentation to the Quality department.
- Maintains system for accurately recording and reporting patient conditions in the medical record; verifying patient insurance and demographic information.
- Assists Providers and mid-level clinical staff with examinations and procedures.
- Maintains a timely schedule, asks for assistance to ensure delays are minimal.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information according to Practice policies and governmental regulations such as HIPAA and others.
- Follows Provider’s directives regarding communication to patient; i.e. test results, Provider’s orders, and patient education from the MA message box.
- Schedules appointments for outpatient procedures and communicates dates, times and patient prep information to the patient.