Cadillac Family Physicians provides job opportunities for qualified candidates as they become available. If you are interested in a job with our organization we encourage you to bookmark this page for future reference. We will also publish a link to opportunities on our social media pages.
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist Part-Time
JOB TITLE: Laboratory Assistant
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Administrator, the lab assistant is expected to perform phlebotomy, laboratory testing, maintain appropriate documentation, and specimen processing.
- Responsible for the collection and labeling of blood and urine for patients on the phlebotomy schedule or as needed by clinical staff for Provider’s schedules.
- Performs charting of patients’ clinical information and procedures performed.
- Process blood after being drawn as instructed by the procedure manual or by Quest/ Munson Healthcare specimen processing manual.
- Review lab scheduled appointments two days in advance to verify Provider’s orders, diagnosis, and insurance details. Verify the timing of tests, scanned orders, and type of insurance for billing purposes or ABN. Obtain ABN form signature for uncovered diagnostic tests. Monitor patient messages and respond to requests for add-on testing.
- Testing and reporting of urinalysis, rapid strep, influenza, pregnancy, occult blood, A1C, and post-vasectomy semen analysis, including the performance of quality control samples as required. Test CBCs with review and reporting by a medical technologist. Maintaining accurate logs of all testing performed.
- Retrieves pre-op orders for patient’s testing.
- Proper open and shut down of laboratory as scheduled. Record refrigerator and room temperatures, start computers, run daily controls on the Hemocue analyzers, and turn on the Alere analyzer.
- Review insurance information to identify whether testing is approved for in-house or referred to Quest or Munson Cadillac laboratories and to send out non-billable tests.
- Retrieve details from patient’s chart to complete Quest requisitions accurately and correctly route samples. Assist team with the bagging of Quest requisitions and samples for transport to Quest with correct ICD-10 diagnosis number.
- Reviews orders and requisitions at the end of each workday to ensure all requests are complete and manage future orders for accuracy.
- Maintains a clean work area and restocks supplies as needed. Perform general inventory, ordering, and stocking of supplies weekly (Quest, Munson & McKesson).
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and ensures the patients’ rights to privacy. Follow all COLA/CLIA, OSHA, HIPAA, & office policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma and Phlebotomy skills required. Phlebotomy certification and laboratory testing experience required. Experience working with individuals of all ages and abilities is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Computer entry experience required.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour for a skilled phlebotomist.