Cadillac Family Physicians provides job opportunities for qualified candidates as they become available. If you are interested in a job with our organization we encourage you to bookmark this page for future reference. We will also publish a link to opportunities on our social media pages.
Accounts Receivable Processor
JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Processor
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direct supervision of the Clerical Billing Supervisor, perform Accounts Receivable tasks to promote effective operations of the Practice.
- Collects fees for services from individuals and/or insurance carriers via cash, check, and credit card.
- Post Occupational Health and Worker’s Compensation payments for services performed.
- Utilize Payer Path as a clearing house for processing and verification of claim accuracy.
- Import or print Explanation of Benefits from carriers.
- Post payments to accounts and balance daily collection with the computer prior to the end of the day.
- Reviews and updates patient insurance and demographic information as appropriate.
- Makes payment arrangements with individuals on past due accounts prior to allowing patients to charge or schedule any more services.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current insurance and coding information.
- Examines insurance rejections and performs non-payment follow-up and make corrections to rebill claim for services rendered.
- Review monthly report (books) to identify claim processing delays.
- Assists patients with billing inquires.
- Sorts and matches hard copy claims needing mailed. Types any additional information missing onto claim forms and/or attaches any information needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and ensure the patient’s right to privacy.
- Serves as a backup scheduler, front lobby clerk fill-in and Saturday rotation or evening closer, and other roles as needed.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Billing Supervisor and/or Practice Administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent attention to detail and communication skills are required. Experience working with the public is required. Competent computer skills. Associate Degree of Applied Science in Medical Office Administration preferred. High School Diploma required. Certified Professional Biller or Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist preferred. Medical billing experience preferred.
BENEFITS: Michigan Paid Medical Leave, six days holiday pay, Qualified Small Employer HRA (QSEHRA) insurance reimbursement program, earned time off, and 401(k) retirement program. Monday through Friday (8am-5pm) with a rotated Saturday morning schedule. The beginning base hourly wage is $13.50.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.