Cadillac Family Physicians provides job opportunities for qualified candidates as they become available. If you are interested in a job with our organization we encourage you to bookmark this page for future reference. We will also publish a link to opportunities on our social media pages.
Registered and Licensed Practical Nurse
JOB TITLE: Registered & Licensed Practical Nurse
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor performs patient related duties which assess and address patient medical concerns. Nurses will be responsible to follow Care Standards and Measures as determined by the Providers. Communicate gaps-in-care during huddle with Provider. Positions include rooming patients, team coordination, float, phone nurse consults, annual wellness visits, insurance carrier programs and group visits. RN/LPNs may be trained for some or all of the positions.
- Rooming nurse performs routine pre-examination procedures including taking vital signs and assessing and recording objective and subjective data concerning patient’s presenting condition. Assists Providers with examinations and procedures. Obtain updated patient narcotic contracts and perform narcotic drug screens, as needed per protocol.
- Prepares charts for upcoming patient visits. Identify patient needs based on chronic care standards and standing orders. Discuss with Provider, order tests, and communicate with scheduling as appropriate to coordinate changes in plan of care. Schedules appointments for outpatient procedures and communicates dates, times and patient prep information to the patient. Provides patient education on services or conditions.
- Use Allscripts EMR system for accurate recording and reporting patient conditions in their medical record. Verify patient insurance and demographic information.
- Prepares and cleans the patient area, set-up equipment, clean and facilitate room set-up after procedure. Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients and co-workers.
- Float nurse calibrates and checks equipment according to schedule or prior to use. Performs substance abuse testing consistent with non-DOT and DOT guidelines and Practice Policies and Procedures. Works with occupational clients to perform these tests as ordered. Communicates appropriately with occupational clients regarding patient issues.
- Phone nurse response to incoming telephone inquiries to address patient questions and concerns which are communicated to the Provider. Follows Provider’s directives regarding communication to patient, process refill requests, and address Transition of Care non-face to face discharges and responds to walk-in patient questions. Complete prior authorizations for procedures using AIM, as well as for prescription refills.
- Inboxes and reports are assigned to staff to address gaps-in-care and/or contact patients to schedule services or provide results.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information according to Practice policies and governmental regulations such as HIPAA and others.
- Wellness nurse visit is focused on patient emotional, social, mental, and spiritual health. Various screenings are performed. Results of visit are shared with the patient’s Provider and any necessary treatment plans are addressed.
- Insurance Carrier Programs may require the assessment skills to review disease lists and prep for Providers to address in upcoming patient visits. Method to return information to carriers may vary in method.
- Group visits are led by RN/LPN teams to address the general considerations for a specific disease type. Visits are planned and performed by nurses with input from Providers.
Qualifications: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse credentials required. Experience is preferred.