Cadillac Family Physicians provides job opportunities for qualified candidates as they become available. If you are interested in a job with our organization we encourage you to bookmark this page for future reference. We will also publish a link to opportunities on our social media pages.
JOB TITLE: Medical Technologist
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direct supervision of the Lab Director, Clinical Administrator or Lab Manager, performs laboratory specific tasks intended to provide information for the Provider decisions and good patient care.
- Responsible for performing patient laboratory testing and reviewing the results for accuracy.
- Responsible for the implementation/timely running of QC and calibrations and reviewing the results for indications of a problem.
- Monitor quality control data from all instruments and test systems. Takes appropriate corrective actions in the event of out-of-control values or trending of results.
- Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting for all lab equipment, verifies levels of lab supplies, and assists with other laboratory concerns.
- May be asked to oversee general lab functions in the absence of lab leadership. Requests include leadership of lab or clinical personnel performing laboratory testing, open or shut down the lab and provide back-up for the Lab Manager. Communicate lab concerns to Providers and Team Leader.
- Responsible for detailed and accurate charting. Maintain EHR and other lab records or logs for all patients.
- Enters all patient information into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and reviews all patient test results.
- Reviews all patient routers for billing information as appropriate.
- Responsible for the filing of morning Quest reports by matching charts with appropriate lab reports using patient name and birthday.
- Prepares reagents, controls, and calibrates equipment for next day.
- Assists with review of orders and requisitions at the end of each workday to ensure all requests were completed and manage future orders for accuracy.
- Cross-trained to perform phlebotomy or Laboratory Assistant responsibilities.
- Assists with ensuring laboratory complies with COLA and CLIA regulations.
- Assist with maintaining and updating laboratory procedure manuals. Ensure reviewed annually and signed by Laboratory Director.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and ensures the patients’ rights to privacy by following all HIPAA rules and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science required. Laboratory experience preferred.